Makers’ Guild is a new not-for-profit organisation, offering support for makers and personal fabricators.
The Launch Lunch on 14 July is an opportunity to hear some fascinating speakers, meet other makers and define what the Makers’ Guild can do for you.
Makers’ Guild aims to:
- encourage knowledge and equipment sharing
- connect people with different skills
- be a forum for lobbying
- and a resource for legal, technical and business advice
12:00: Welcome from NESTA and Fiddian Warman and Rachel Coldicutt, Makers’ Guild
12:10: Talks and Inspiration
12:40: Discussion – Shaping Makers’ Guild
13:15 Lunch and networking
- Scott Burnham: writer, creative director and strategist for design and urban initiatives, working with cities, institutions and publications worldwide. http://scottburnham.com/bio/
- Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino: product designer, entrepreneur, consultant, strategist and blogger on Internet of Things & Interaction design http://www.designswarm.com
- Assa Ashuach: designer, specialising in additive manufacturing and product customisation and MA Design leader at London Metropolitan Uni http://www.assaashuach.com/
- Jonty Wareing, London Hackspace founder, http://jonty.co.uk/